Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new & secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, & more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, & selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying & selling simple, social, & fun.
Poshmark is looking for a talented engineer who is excited about the challenge of building & scaling systems as we rapidly iterate on our product. You will be a member of the Core Infrastructure team that builds the back end of the Poshmark Cloud Platform, an infrastructure that spans thousands of machines on AWS.
While familiarity with our stack is a plus, we care more about hiring people who can learn new technologies & adapt quickly.
- Build scalable, service-oriented infrastructure on AWS using the latest open source tools & technologies
- Design & improve architecture in order to ensure horizontal scalability at all layers
- Implement APIs & services for use by other developers
- Resolve issues related to performance at all tiers of the application
- Develop best practices & tools to enable robust delivery of features
- Able to drive small/medium complexity projects on your own
- Regularly provide meaningful design feedback & code review to peers
- Identify architectural gaps & propose solutions
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Able to find technical solutions to large complexity problems with minimal supervision
- Can work independently as well as lead small teams to execute on large complexity projects
- You've rolled out a high impact project to production
- 4+ years in relevant software engineering experience
- You have worked on and/or understand distributed systems & large scale engineering challenges
- You are familiar with either SQL or NoSQL databases & know how to scale them
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design
- Understanding of multithreading, concurrency, & parallel processing technologies
- Familiarity with frameworks for caching, queuing, RPC, & distributed data storage
- You have experience debugging complex problems across an entire stack
- Experience with any of: JRuby, Ruby, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, AMQP, Java, & *nix environments
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new & secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, & more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, & selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying & selling simple, social, & sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, & Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, & for company news & announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & YouTube.
At Poshmark, were constantly challenging the status quo & are looking for innovative & passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. Were disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions & the latest technology to optimize our platform. Were nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; & 4) embrace your weirdness to accept & empower one another on their own unique journey. Were invested in our team & community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Heres what well set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth & training
- Competitive salary & equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental & vision plans & up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever youre in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.