Tokyo, Japan | Marketing Team | Reports to the Director, Marketing (Japan)
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, were on a mission to prove that comfort, good design & sustainability dont have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to & fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash & more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, & the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up thefootwear industry is off to a great start.In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world,and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
We have all the makings of a world-class brand beautifully designed products that exceed customer expectations, a genuine origin story, passionate founders, product innovation rooted in the use of natural materials, & a loyal group of evangelists who believe in our mission.
As we tackle big plans in Japan in 2020 & beyond, were looking for a hands-on marketing professional to help convey our brand story.
What does the job entail?
- Support PR plans & strategy development for product introductions, events & news moments
- Manage owned social media in order to build & connect with the Allbirds community.
- Assist Marketing Director with daily operations & communications with external agencies
- Manage sample / seeding orders & trafficking with media & external agencies
- Oversee speaking opportunities for senior leadership, coordinating with executive assistant to ensure all preparation is completed
- Work with Marketing Director to draft press materials including releases, briefings, quotes, assets & interviews
- Manage inbound press inbox & ensure opportunities are sorted to appropriate teams
- Perform daily audits of media outlets & social media for brand coverage & surface as necessary
- Help organize & execute a range of editor events
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Amazing written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to write & edit press releases, executive Q&As, media alerts, etc.
- 3+ years of professional marketing experience especially in PR and/or social media.
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills; a growing network with media & fashion community in Tokyo is a must.
- Interest in social good, has working experience at CSR department or civil society is a plus, but not a must.
- Very social, open minded, lively, very active in social media
- English & Japanese speaking