ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Sales & Partnerships team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether thats working with agencies & clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth & efficiency of our pre & post-sales operations.
As we grow, we're seeking an enthusiastic Brand Strategist who is eager to contribute to our growing media business by working cross-functionally on pre-sale strategy & RFP response. The Brand Strategy team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, creative & resourceful hustlers who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands & clients we partner with.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Lead the development, ideation & strategic thinking of best-in-class marketing solutions for theSkimms strategic advertising partners
- Collaborate with brand strategy & cross-functional counterparts to brainstorm concepts for a variety of brands in response to proactive & RFP based client requests
- Lead the creation, organization, & dissemination of ad hoc sales marketing materials that could include packages, product one-sheets, insights materials & case studies
- Act as the liaison between the creative, sales, insights, product, & editorial teams to gather information & data needed for pre-sale
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3-4 years in an ad sales marketing role, with a focus on building cross-platform digital marketing programs
- Experience responding to RFPs & working with Sales, Insights, Creative & Design teams
- Experience with Keynote & Powerpoint; Design-minded with the ability to create succinct, effective presentations.
- Strategic, enthusiastic, creative thinker with the ability to work under pressure to meet both internal & external deadlines.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with different stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple deliverables
- Highly motivated self-starter that is extremely detail oriented
- Keen understanding of the nuances of branded content
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.