1stDibs is seeking a Client Services Manager for our CS Team in our New York City office. Our CS team is tasked with assisting our high-net-worth customers, Trade clients, & dealers with a variety of questions & concerns in an efficient & timely manner via email, chat, & phone. The Client Services Manager will make critical decisions on a daily basis to support our clients while simultaneously ensuring SLAs are maintained across multiple channels as well as monitoring individual performances & providing coaching & development as necessary. Managing the team effectively & curating a positive culture in a remote setting will be crucial to the role as many members of the NY team are full-time remote. This role requires the ability to balance responding to complex escalations while also keeping an hourly pulse on the performance of our live inbound channels. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Client Services, this individual will help define & deliver a best-in-class service experience that matches the 1stDibs brand promise.
The Client Services team is an evolving function within our fast-growing company, so a hands-on approach, as well as comfort with ambiguity & change, is required. Its crucial for the person to be a dedicated leader, coach, & advocate for their team. Were looking for someone with a track record of success leading & growing support teams in a multi-channel environment who is as comfortable addressing the broader team in large meetings as they are in 1-to-1 settings. This role is responsible for making autonomous financial decisions that impact the businesss bottom line & client relationships on a daily basis & requires an organized & rational approach to providing the correct resolution for the specific issue.
As this role will partner cross-functionally with other departments & is responsible for the development of our NY-based team, the Client Services Manager will be expected to work from the NY office at 51 Astor Place a minimum of 4 times a month & may require additional days in office as business demands.
What you'll do
- Coach, mentor & develop 10-15 Client Services Specialists to foster a culture of inclusion & commitment to personal & professional growth
- Review & respond to escalated case issues, either handling directly or providing guidance for next steps. These escalations require a balance between cost mitigation & client relationship maintenance.
- Bring a fresh perspective to the Global CS Management team & partner with managers in Colorado & the UK to improve the overall performance of the CS team across all channels.
- Assist with vendor management of our off-shore team of support reps in addition to management of local NY specialists.
- Make daily decisions on financial losses that are in the best interest of the company & our clients.
- Ensure team Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are consistently being achieved & putting together improvement plans to address gaps to target
- Identify & develop recurring training opportunities & incorporate results of learnings into regular performance reviews
- Assist in refining both qualitative & quantitative team metrics
- Participate in weekly planning/strategy meetings with internal stakeholders, establishing cross-functional relationships.
- Help with strategic planning & future OKRs for the support function
What youll bring
- 3+ years of management, managing direct reports in customer service or sales support within a consumer company/e-commerce environment
- Extensive experience managing remote employees, especially in a call/contact center environment
- Strong presentation skills & total comfortability in front of a large audience, both in person & remotely.
- Experience working with Salesforce is required, including case management, report & dashboard creations, & the ability to raise ideas for improved efficiencies.
- Analytically strong, with experience using G Suite, & other tools to analyze, run & report on team performance
- Vendor management experience with managing remote teams
- Willingness to work weekends, occasional holidays, & outside of standard business hours.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; proven ability to establish relationships with direct reports, peers, executives, & clients
- Proven experience demonstrating & implementing technology solutions to optimize team performance; deep familiarity with Salesforce
- Outstanding organizational, planning, & problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize multiple issues & produce solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You establish trust & effective working relationships with internal & external stakeholders
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Do you have experience & a passion for growing & nurturing a large team? Do you strive to say it with data, by using intelligent metrics to measure & track service & inform decisions? Do you have experience within e-commerce and/or a fast-paced digital company? If so, the Manager of Client Services is the role for you! You will get to join a growing, fast-paced & engaged team, & will be instrumental in shaping how1stDibs delivers luxury service.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews virtually. Our NY & UK offices are open for business as usual for employees.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.