About the Role
As Commons Head of Talent, you will be responsible for leading the strategy & process behind our recruitment efforts to ensure we attract & retain the best talent. In this role, you will serve as a business partner in all things hiring & lead a team of talent acquisition specialists & recruiters to help Common achieve our aggressive growth targets. We plan to double our business in the next 12 months & look for someone who has experience recruiting for a highly distributed workforce with a sizable non-exempt population. You will also be responsible for strategic leadership & tactical support while driving change & being a champion of our culture. This is a unique opportunity for someone comfortable working in a fast-paced & high-growth environment. This is a director-level position & reports to our VP of People Operations.
- Design & execute an effective candidate sourcing strategy for roles across the organization from our Sales & Engineering teams to our Property Services teams in the field.
- Strengthen Commons recruitment process, lifecycle & overall candidate experience.
- Develop an understanding of our culture, values, & operating principles, & then help codify & embed these in the day to day workings of our candidate experience & the organization.
- Work with our executive team & People Ops Business Partners to assess staffing needs against the business strategy & implement a planning process that anticipates hiring needs as we grow while maintaining efficiency & effectiveness across the organization.
- Be able to perceive talent gaps & anticipate staffing needs in-house & diligently work to fill those gaps.
- Successfully hire, manage, & develop a growing team of internal recruiters & coordinators between our New York & Atlanta offices.
- Identify & manage external talent acquisition & technology vendors that support the hiring process.
- Develop & implement recruiting KPIs & performance tracking for both recruiters & hiring managers, emphasizing maintaining high quality, values-aligned hires even through a period of rapid scale.
- Ensure data integrity & use reporting & metrics to improve recruiting efficiency
- Assist with the recruiting funnel on senior level & hard to fill requisitions,
- Other projects & responsibilities from time to time & based on business needs.
- You have 8+ years of full-cycle in house recruiting experience, ideally in a high volume, high-growth environment
- Experience managing distributed a team of recruiters & coordinators.
- You are a strong communicator & collaborator & have a robust problem-solving track record
- You have demonstrated previous success partnering with hiring managers to attract, engage, hire & retain exceptional talent at all levels, from our field operations team through our executive team
- You are a scrappy & resourceful problem solver & can think critically about big picture strategy while also getting into the weeds & being tactical.
- You have experience with recruiting tools & techniques (Greenhouse, LinkedIn, etc.).
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.