The Manager, Manufacturing Process Systems (MES) will lead a global team of manufacturing system engineers, providing day-to-day, hands-on manufacturing system leadership, development, execution, & support in conjunction with internal engineering teams & manufacturing partners to ensure that manufacturing systems & processes are robust, repeatable & controlled. The Manufacturing Process Systems Manager (MES) will lead a team of engineers who will gather technical/customer requirements, research, design, develop, & support global manufacturing activities, recommend system & processes improvements, & create/manage project timelines. Manufacturing systems will include MES, & indirect ERP, MRP, QMS support.
This position is primarily located in Manhattan, New York. Candidate must be willing to travel 30% or more as needed by the business.
- Lead a team of Peloton manufacturing execution system engineers in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, establishing a standard of excellence
- Hire, manage, coach, & develop team members; Lead employees through performance feedback reviews & goal setting/KPI exercises, training, & career development
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams (IT/Systems/QC/MFG) to ensure robust manufacturing systems strategies, providing expertise in manufacturing execution system development & execution
- Own the scope, implementation, & tracking of manufacturing execution systems projects
- Development of manufacturing execution system strategy, road mapping, & KPIs; Collaboration with global IT & systems teams
- Support the configuration, administration, maintenance, & UAT/SAT activities of manufacturing execution systems
- Set goals, track deliverables, manage expectations, identify risk, & drive mitigations across all stages MES projects
- Lead development & validation of manufacturing execution systems that meet defined requirements
- Author, approve manufacturing execution systems SOP/WIs for operating necessary equipment
- Lead as 1st level support (troubleshooting, internal & vendor interface) for manufacturing sites
- Build & lead an engineering team capable of 24-hour onsite or remote MES support
- Capture, analyze, real-time manufacturing data & metrics; Ensuring accurate manufacturing KPI dashboard data
- Research & recommend latest innovation in manufacturing execution systems, IIoT, & Industry 4.0 technology
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- BS in an Engineering discipline; Electrical, Computer Science, IT; MS/MBA a plus
- 10+ years of hands-on, manufacturing execution systems (MES) development & implementation; MES SME
- 5+ years of experience in direct team leadership role; budgeting, hiring, coaching, developing, & mentoring
- History of success with building high-performing engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Knowledge of state of the art MES tools & MES process; SAP preferred
- Extensive experience in developing or integrating manufacturing systems (ERP, MES, MRP, etc.)
- Experience in manufacturing systems strategy & planning (Industry 4.0)
- Experience working in a high speed, open & global manufacturing environment
- Extensive SAP experience required, SAP certification a plus
- Knowledge of Networking, OPC Servers, MS SQL Server, Sandbox testing, EIP, TCP/IP, Citrix Server, Visual Basic, etc.
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Extensive background in high-volume manufacturing execution systems development preferred
- Execution of large manufacturing capital projects ($3M+)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Jira, Confluence
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.