Who are we?
Place Exchange is on a mission to transform the entire OOH channel to be truly programmatic for buyers & sellers. We're rethinking how media works in public space, & building the technology to make it happen. Join us as we apply our vision & technology to reshape advertising & content in the physical world around us.
What is the role?
We are looking for a dynamic hands-on software engineering Team Lead someone who can lead a small team of software engineers as well as perform as an individual contributor; an energetic self-starter who loves bringing to life business objectives with current & sound technical solutions. As a Software Engineering Team Lead, you will be directly responsible for collaborating with our Product & Operations teams, to add features to our OOH exchange & scale out the platform for our ever-expanding business needs.
Your first 30 days:
- Learn & understand Place Exchanges corporate, departmental & team goals
- Begin implementing small code improvements to familiarize yourself with our platform
- Have the ability to diagnose & troubleshoot production application issues
- Identify & incorporate tools needed for working on the Place Exchange platform
Your first 60 days:
- Pair with team members on committed initiatives
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams & incorporate best practices
- Work with the Product team to have a clear understanding of the product roadmap
- Work with stakeholders & formulate delivery plans for key initiatives
- Gain a good understanding of the Place Exchange landscape
Your first 90 days:
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development team.
- Promote & drive innovation in technologies, processes, & tools.
- Deliver projects on time & budget, ensuring quality standards are met
- Mentor & develop team members, provide constructive feedback on design & code quality & build an inclusive culture with high performing teams.
- Help define & enforce development practices, including unit tests & code reviews.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment & strategy
You are awesome for the role because:
- You have experience in designing, developing & delivering web applications at scale.
- You have expertise with architecture & development of business solutions & acting as a thought leader in cloud-based technical solutions.
- You have experience leading complex software development projects through all phases of SDLC using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- You have experience using metrics & monitoring tools to handle performance optimization & provide visibility into the systems
- You have multiple years of experience of mentoring, educating & motivating young developers.
- You have built scalable applications using Python, or some comparable language like Golang or NodeJS,
- You have experience using platforms/tooling like Git, Docker, AWS
- You have strong problem solving, analytical & critical thinking skills,
- You are a strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations & cultures, in-person & virtually
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar field or applicable experience in the industry.
Company & Background
The average consumer spends 70% of their time outside of the home, & thanks to the rapid proliferation of digital displays in cities & venues around the world, Digital Out of Home is one of the fastest growing media channels. Place Exchange is the first & only true programmatic platform for Out of Home (OOH) & Place-Based media, connecting digital marketers to consumers in physical space. We partner with premium publishers across the U.S. (and soon around the world), offering unprecedented scale, brand safety, & bottom-line results for advertisers. Our proprietary & patent-pending technology enables our DSP partners to unify workflow, creatives, reporting, & attribution for OOH with the rest of the digital advertising ecosystem.