Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
You're a motivated analytics leader & hands-on operator with experience collaborating successfully with business partners across marketing, sales & product.
You're fascinated with numbers. You're data-driven & detail-oriented. You have a knack for spotting patterns in data that can substantiate informed decisions within a commercial organization. You're an expert at leveraging insights & predictive models to produce improved results for an organization.
As our Director, Data Analytics & Insights, you'll lead the development & execution of fact-based reporting, analysis & analytical models used to enhance decision-making across Dataminr's commercial organization.
- Lead efforts to define & implement frameworks for measuring, reporting & analyzing marketing & associated sales results
- Gain buy-in for measurement models from key stakeholders across the commercial organization (Sales, Marketing, Product)
- Develop dashboards & standardized reports (and reporting cadence) to provide ongoing insight to commercial stakeholders... then work to ensure utilization & adoption of reporting by these stakeholders
- Create & maintain appropriate marketing key performance indicators & ROI models for marketing campaigns & out-of-campaign activities to determine effectiveness
- Create advanced & predictive models such as ideal marketing mix, propensity to buy, next best action & customer lifetime value, then assist marketing & sales teams in utilizing these models to adjust audience-specific tactical mixes
- Perform segmentation & analysis of prospect & customer groups
- Advise marketing operations & sales operations functions on data requirements necessary to perform desired analysis; participate in the development of process modifications needed to deliver required data
- Contribute to vision & implementation of optimal martech stack
- Oversee a team of commercial data practitioners & associated tools (Domo, Salesforce, Google Analytics, etc)
- Be a champion of evidence-based decision making
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field; advanced degree preferred
- At least 7-10 years of data & analytics experience required with a background in management consulting or investment banking
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing function, preferably within a B2B SaaS/software environment
- Expertise in statistical analysis & modeling
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing goals & measurements
- Ability to communicate complex data concept in ways that marketing leaders & other functions can understand
- Proficiency with BI tools required; DOMO preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce preferred
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.