The Life House Group was created to help travellers get more out of their trips by connecting our guests with each other & the local community.
Traveling completes us. It creates friendships & memories. It fills voids. Its fun! It offers perspectives. It teaches us. About the world. About culture. It breeds creativity & helps us discover new meaning in our lives & can give new meaning to others. Travel lets us live a full life. We create hotels, experiences, & communities to foster this spirit.
The Life House Group based out of Manhattan, New York is a globally-distributed team & backed by over $100mm in venture & real estate funding.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Analyst, the Accounting Analyst will be actively involved in the day-to-day accounting & finance operations of our hotel properties, hotel development projects, & our corporate financials.
- Assist with accounting processes, including but not limited to AR, AP, inter-company billing, & general accounting
- Assist with the monthly financial statement close process. Duties include (but are not limited to) preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, documentation of accounting operations, & financial reporting
- Ensure that the real estate development team stays on time & on budget by leading their AP, reporting & reconciliation processes.
- Keep track of construction projects, creating Purchase orders, processing invoices, & ensuring proper tracking of budgets. Coordinate with various stakeholders such as construction department. Following up with contractors to ensure invoices are sent in a timely manner
- Manage AP inbox & respond to all internal / external requests. Be the contact person for troubleshooting issues with project payments & funding. Respond to any billing inquiries from contractors & suppliers
- Work with internal corporate teams to ensure that financial products & tools (i.e. food & beverage, payments processing, & payroll systems) integrate seamlessly into financial reporting systems
- Work on ad hoc projects including development of new management reports & finance process improvements
- University degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Actively pursuing the an Accounting designation (CA, CPA) is a plus.
- 2+ years of finance & accounting experience preferred.
- Detail oriented, with excellent communication, writing & analytical skills.
- Attention to detail in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Superior organizational skills & the ability to manage high volume workloads simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with ERP systems (i.e. Quickbooks, Netsuite, Xero) is a plus.