Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimps IT team is responsible for employee IT infrastructure & tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, managing, & supporting the IT tools our employees use to do great work. Team members work closely with our People Operations, Systems, & Security teams to provide the employee hardware & software tools needed to move the company & our products forward.
Were looking for a Manager of IT Engineering to help us grow the team as the company grows. The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with experience in transforming teams to handle the stair step growth that comes with a rapidly expanding company. This person needs to embody the company motto of Listen Hard, Change Fast, have a desire to constantly improve things (processes, technology, team structure), & be willing to challenge status quo.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with Networks, Security, HR, & other teams to build, maintain, & improve tooling/infrastructure & documentation that helps meets the business needs of all employees today & for the future.
- Engage with IT Engineering community to bring ideas & innovation to the team.
- Provide a clear & direct process for our IT Engineering team to collaborate across departments & prioritize their workload.
- Participate with peers & Directors to ensure the organizational structure is a help, & not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- Collaborate with engineers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with technical leads to prioritize work, ensure the team has appropriate skills & size to accomplish goals, & ensure any roadblocks are removed from the teams path.
- Recruit, onboard, manage & retain a team of IT Systems Engineers
Wed love to hear from you if you:
- Enjoy working in an open, inclusive environment where diversity in many forms (ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.) is celebrated.
- Are committed to exemplary work quality.
- Have an understanding of IT Engineering - hardware, OS, application deployment, monitoring, configuration management, etc.
- Are able to work with technical leads to ensure best technical practices are in place & followed.
- Willingly embrace iterative cycles as the means for building seamless products/tools.
- Have exceptional ability to effectively motivate & manage teams of individuals.
- Are committed to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing & adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
Nice, but not required (still apply!), if you have:
- Worked in IT in a creative or software company.
- Worked with Jamf Pro or similar enterprise macOS management technologies.
- Managed or supported Microsoft Active Directory.
- Built, maintained, or supported an enterprise (multi-VLAN, 802.1X authenticated) network.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.