ABOUT THE ROLE
Pelotons Global Safety & Security Operation (GSO) team is building a sustainable & positive culture of safety & security. Our aim is to foster safe, inclusive, & responsible work atmospheres where team members, members & contractors take care of each other & their surrounding environments.This Senior Manager will serve as the strategic planner & technical resource for all people & areas within their purview. In this role you will work collaboratively with key leaders & employees to create programs that deliver a culture of security, safety & shrink control with activities including: implementing security standards; providing meaningful security & shrink trainings that leads to strong knowledge transfer & working with operational partners to develop innovative programs to prevent security incidents & drive profitability. As Pelotons Senior Manager, Security Operations (Retail) you will manage the North American Loss Prevention (LP) & Security program within Peloton Retail Operations. All incident management, physical security, loss prevention/shrink control/product protection, workplace violence, investigations & crisis response events within these environments are the responsibility of the Senior Manager of LP & Security Operations. A successful Senior Manager of LP & Security will inspire change, build trust & drive an enhanced culture of safety & security by leveraging innovation & lean principles.
- As a member of the leadership team, your commitment to a strong presence of security through your leadership is key.
- Lead & work collaboratively on the development, review, & revision of security, crisis management & shrink related policies & training programs. Ensure leadership & associates are trained & knowledgeable of all security & shrink mitigation strategies.
- Prioritize the safety & security of our team & identify risk; ensuring actions taken to mitigate or eliminate risks are scalable with rapid & continuous growth.
- Provide guidance & oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Peloton LP & Security standards & policies. Where gaps remain, the Senior Manager will be responsible for developing policies & processes while partnering with key business leaders.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders in the development of operational exception, security incident & theft reporting. Track, report, & utilize this reporting to drive continuous improvement.
- Leverage loss prevention through environmental design concepts.
- Identify & anticipate security & shrink related concerns by surveying environmental, operational & occupational conditions.
- Investigate & review security violations, crises, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, & coordinate appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Review security & theft trends weekly/monthly to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the risk is highest.
- Experience recruiting,developing & managing a team of LP & Security leaders.
- This individual must create & execute leadership development plans for their team.
- This individual must communicate LP & Security team expectations & give frequent & appropriate feedback to their teams & ensure they are executing to the core competencies of a Peloton LP & Security professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge & assess talent & select appropriate bench strength to current & future business needs.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 7+ years experience in Loss Prevention & Security in a retail environment.
- Prior experience as a security leader at Senior Manager, Program Manager or above
- 4+ years of growing responsibilities in LP & Security programs in retail, distribution or service operations
- Experience implementing lean principles & process improvement in an operational environment
- Experience is project management
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, & strategy
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with executives & senior leaders
- Proficient in google docs, sheets & the use of pivot tables & the development of charts & graphics
- Wicklander Zulawski (or equivalent) certified