They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, & Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier & more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, & we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms & having the best talent.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team in our NYC office. The Associate Corporate Counsel will work with the General Counsel, to create & implement procedures for & assisting with the administration of contract management, organization & documentation.
What You'll Do...
- Providing the most responsive legal procedure & advice to carry out the
company's business & protect company`s interests & rights
- Identifying risks & causes of the main legal contingencies or exposures and
- Informing local, regional & headquarters internal clients of eventual changes in
legislation & jurisprudence that might impact business
- Creating & implementing procedures for & assisting with the administration of
contract management, organization, & documentation
- Drafting & negotiating a variety of coverage area-specific commercial
agreements, including license, vendor, technology, master services, confidentiality
and other agreements, & supporting the Sales team's negotiation of applicable
privacy, data security & IP provisions
FAQs & related communications, & implementing appropriate processes
applicable to the foregoing
- Adopting preventive measures to avoid legal contingencies & disputes in all
areas of law
- Analyzing & managing lawsuits & define actions, defense & litigation
- Providing legal support on compliance issues, training & investigations
You Should Have....
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (preference for at least one year at a leading law
firm or in-house at a technology or Internet company)
- Law degree from an accredited university
- Must be admitted, active & in good standing with the New York State bar
- Strong general commercial contract skills & experience
- Flexibility/adaptability & a willingness to work on a broad range of matters and
take on projects outside of core areas.
- Ability to effectively multitask, re-prioritize, & work independently to meet
deadlines & drive agreements to a conclusion, while remaining calm under
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills & the ability to
perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Possess a high degree of integrity & the ability to maintain the strictest level of
- Excellent written, oral & negotiation communication skills & superb judgment
- Responsive & service-oriented attitude
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health & welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Gympass membership, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch
- Competitive PTO, sick time, company-observed holidays & a floating holiday
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement program
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth & career development
- An exciting & supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) & ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.