At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated & service-minded Senior Community Associate to join our Chesapeake Express Drive team. In this role, you will help lead our local Express Drive operations, including driver onboarding & customer support. You will be the "face of Lyft" to new & existing drivers who are looking to participate in Lyft's vehicle access programs - short-term rentals that become more affordable to the drivers as they drive. You will be the first point of escalation for your team & provide them with real-time feedback. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, like tackling aggressive goals, & want to be part of delivering great customer experiences at Lyft, we would love to meet you!
- Provide world-class service & support to Lyfts driver community by utilizing strong communication, patience, empathy & problem solving skills
- Act as the first point of escalation for the team to help solve problems
- Support & coach Community Associates in the moment to offer the best possible experiences for our drivers
- Spend your time leading by example, working on site & becoming an expert in all processes
- Assist in de-escalating challenging driver interactions
- Lead daily stand-ups to ensure all team members remain informed
- Manage day-to-day team member breaks & zoning
- Serve as the eyes & ears on the ground: identify & report potential process issues & bugs; provide feedback based on observation, driver interactions, & field feedback
- Make recommendations & implement operational & driver experience improvements
- Manage the day to day fleet operations of the site including monitoring over SLA units in fleet manager, ensuring all units are in proper status in fleet manager at the end of each shift, all units & keys are secured each day & proactively communicate rental cap adjustments.
- Execute, when appropriate, the daily priorities identified by the Fleet Coordinator
- Represent Lyft's brand, mission, & culture both inside & outside of the organization
- 2+ years experience managing retail, customer service, or vehicle rental team at a company which is known for exceptional service levels
- Absurdly passionate about delivering excellent customer experiences
- Ability to coach & develop young leaders within your org
- Retail, customer service, or vehicle rental experience
- High energy with an outgoing, social personalityyou love talking to people!
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Ability to analyze & understand data
- Excellent communication, verbal, & writing skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.