About this Role
At Fandom, a Senior Product Designer is a hands-on position requiring conceptualization, research, presentation skills, the ability to generate quantity & quality design concepts, deliver on deadlines, & communicate ideas effectively. As a qualified candidate, you care deeply about design but enthusiastically welcome honest feedback. Youre able to balance usable designs with smart, creative risks, & are eager to push boundaries to achieve the most effective solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a big impact on a rapidly growing product experience, while working with a diverse team of designers across the world to create a better sense of craft & community at Fandom.
- Play a lead role in the design & execution of new products & user experiences.
- Validate ideas & design decisions with qualitative & quantitative feedback by conducting & analyzing user research
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, data analysts, & support teams to define the product & user experience strategy
- Collaborate with designers focused on our web & app experiences to ensure a cohesive user experience across our entire product portfolio
- Push the visual & interaction design of Fandom Tabletop products forward & help maintain its cohesion by designing & documenting systems & style guides
- Help shape the Design team culture, influence the way we work, & participate in the hiring process for new talent.
- Own the end-to-end product development process, to prioritize multiple assignments, present work to internal stakeholders, & deliver killer creative under deadline.
- At least 4-5+ years of product design experience
- Expertise in the latest design tools & technology cross platform
- A strong desire to work collaboratively with a growing design team across Product & Brand design.
- Great communication skills with designers & non-designers alike, & can effectively articulate what problems youre solving for & your design decisions
- Experience & are comfortable validating concepts through research, low & high-fidelity prototyping, & user testing
- An equal amount of comfort working the details of your designs at a pixel-perfect level as well as at a broad conceptual one.
- An ability to think at a high level about product strategy & vision, while recognizing how your work impacts it
- Self-drive & thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- A strong portfolio showcasing your problem solving skills & high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experience designing for consumers at a large scale
- Frequently play tabletop role-playing games
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Here are our Fandom values:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer