About This Position
As a Client Services Manager & member of the Private Wealth Management team at Ellevest, you will play a critical role in working closely with our Financial Advisors to ensure the financial needs of our Ellevest clients are being met & their client experience is exceptional. This role is on the front lines of client experience & critical to hearing, translating, & meeting the needs of our clients.
- Onboard new relationships as clients are welcomed & transition into the Ellevest family. This will include everything from capturing critical client information & opening proper accounts to ongoing account maintenance.
- Work directly with Financial Advisors to prepare bespoke materials for initial calls & meetings & to ensure that all inquiries are answered quickly & thoroughly during the prospecting process.
- Serve as a critical liaison between Financial Advisors, Internal Operations teams, & clients. Inclusive of account opening procedures & coordination with Schwab.
- Support existing client relationships. When the needs of our clients change, our Service Professionals will frequently be the first call.
- Assist Financial Advisors as our investment offering evolves. This will include helping to communicate new investment opportunities to clients & executing on operational procedures to get clients invested.
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment, as well as in an high touch client-facing role.
- 4+ years work experience in the financial services industry in a client facing role
- Experience with asset management & client portfolio management
- FINRA Series 65, or 7 & 66
- Exceptional written & oral communication abilities, specifically when working with high net worth clients
- Familiarity with private wealth management operations, & particularly client onboarding, is ideal
- Strong client service & technical skills (MS Word, Excel, Google Sheets)
- Capacity to work closely & successfully with Financial Advisors
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced & dynamic work environment, in working independently & on a team
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, for the second year in a row, Ellevest was awarded a spot on CNBC's Disruptor 50 list --identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after startups. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.