Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Solutions Engineering Director to be a key leader in our global Sales organization. This role will set the strategy & direction for our technical engagement in the sales cycle across the Eastern United States & LATAM. You will also take a hands on approach to coaching & helping your team run with new opportunities. This role will work closely with all levels of the Sales leadership team to shape how our Account Executive teams execute. This position is critical to ensuring the continued success of our sales team.
Twilio is looking for a Director of Solutions Engineering with a demonstrated track record of customer-facing technical leadership. We seek someone with:
- Strong team leadership ability is required, with >5 years experience as a direct manager of teams in a customer-facing pre-sales technical role
- Experience with strategic planning & setting strategies for Technical Sales teams & advising non-Technical Sales teams
- Experience building programs that have impact & reach across teams
- Hands on approach to problem solving. Always ready to work opportunities directly alongside your team when needed.
- Ability & desire to teach both Sales Engineers & Account Executives
- A strong understanding of the new business sales cycle, as well as experience in the technology areas relevant to Twilios market: contact center, IP-based telephony, messaging, real-time communications, scaling web & mobile applications.
- A world class communicator. Confident influencing & engaging with a highly skilled & experienced audience including C-level executives.
- Fluent in English (fluency in Spanish or Portuguese language is beneficial, although not essential)
- Typically 25-40% travel.
As Solutions Engineering Director, you will:
- Partner with sales leadership to set our strategy for finding, closing & supporting new opportunities & expanding the Twilio footprint in our existing customer base.
- Works across functions to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Build & roll out programs that facilitate scaling
- Attract, develop, & motivate a team of high-performing Sales Engineers, continually educating your team & seeking innovative solutions for improving your team
- Technical strategy determine what role sales engineers should play in closing new business, & how to deploy the existing resources most effectively.
- Measure & communicate results use data to communicate results & make decisions.
- Ensure that your team has the support that they need to be successful as well as providing direct coaching & guidance on a day to day basis
- Engage with Product, Support, Sales, Operations, Legal, Security, Engineering, & every single other department as necessary to make your customers successful on our platform
The Enterprise Sales team is critical to Twilios continued revenue growth & Solutions Engineering plays a crucial role in the success of sales at Twilio. Bringing new customers on board to our platform requires excellent technical understanding & communication & close partnership with the Sales team. Expanding the footprint of Twilio in our existing customer base requires building deep technical partnerships with our strategic customers. Twilios API driven approach to powering communications allows for nearly unlimited variety of use cases which leads to constant technical learning & exploration. Solutions Engineering is essential to drive our continued success in bringing on new customers with all sorts of use cases onto our platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in New York or Atlanta. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco & other offices in Bogot, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore & Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.