--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a problem solver at heart. You're creative, resourceful, & highly analytical. You're energized by complex new challenges & the opportunity to solve them & create lasting impact for the organization.
You know how to operate effectively in cross-functional settings, working with stakeholders with a broad range of backgrounds & at all levels of an organization. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization where the only constant is change. You're ready to leverage your experience & skills to make an impact at a company with an incredible mission.
As our Corporate Development Associates, you'd be part of the Office of the CFO & be a key player in the development & execution of Dataminr's short & long term corporate strategy.
- Evaluate complex, ambiguous business problems using data, analysis, & market research
- Provide business analysis, financial modeling, & related support on corporate & business development projects including new business initiatives, strategic partnerships, & investment or acquisition opportunities globally
- Perform industry research & competitive analysis on global trends & opportunities for the business
- Create plans & presentations for the Executive Team & Board of Directors
- Assist in the execution of complex transactions & due diligence
- Partner & collaborate closely with senior stakeholders & leaders across the company
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree any field with demonstrated high standards of excellence in academics, extracurriculars, & work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in investment banking or management consulting
- Experience and/or fundamental knowledge of Capital Markets and/or M&A activities e.g. valuations, financial planning, fundraising
- Strong, proven quantitative skills including financial modeling, analysis, & research
- Ability to think through & solve for complex problems creatively & strategically
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate insight into content, & create structured presentations
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.