Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
As a member of our Platform Engineering team, you'll be responsible for advancing the Platform team's two pillars of doctrine. You'll grow to be capable in both roles, but you'll also have room to specialize if you want.
What youll do:
- Under our pillar of Engineering Empowerment, you will:
- Work with developers to design & improve developer tooling & capability, such as secrets-management or development environments
- Maintain & troubleshoot build infrastructure
- Help codify, implement, & iterate policies, workflows, & software around building, deploying, & hosting apps
- Under our pillar of Operational Integrity, you will:
- Oversee AWS environments, including resource provisioning & management, access delegation, & costs control
- Ensure that our architectures match our policies (and that our policies match our architectures)
- Manage high availability & disaster recovery systems, procedures, & readiness
- Towards both ends you'll work closely (including pair programming) with the rest of the Platform team, as well as with product engineering teams & other technical teams.
What you need for this role:
- Have 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- Comfortable working in, configuring, & troubleshooting virtual Linux server environments
- Fluent in at least one server configuration management tool, such as Ansible or Terraform; must like DAGs
- Dogmatic about alerting & monitoring; you want to be woken up when something important is broken, & left alone when nothing important is broken
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation, for the day that something important does break
Bonus points for:
- The Ruby ecosystem
- Modern time-series monitoring, such as Prometheus
- Network layers (you can do subnet math in your head or read a tcpdump)
- Building, deploying, and/or hosting Docker
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp family of tools (Consul, Vault, Nomad, Terraform)
- Energized by the challenge of working within healthcare regulatory constraints
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, & connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks & meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, & integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes & hypertension, as well as anxiety & depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, & curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions & circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, & other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.