We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We are hiring a Director of Machine Learning for our Data Science & Machine Learning organization.
This is a leadership position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision & implementation of machine learning systems that analyze reviews, photos, & other user generated content, help consumers plan their perfect trip, & apply the latest advances in Generative AI technologies across Tripadvisor. You bring experience spanning Data Science, Machine Learning & AI, software engineering, & team leadership. This role offers a great opportunity for professional growth with the worlds largest travel guidance company. You will have a unique opportunity of helping millions of travelers with personalized trip planning content, & travel guidance on Tripadvisor.com.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop, & mentor a team of ML managers & scientists.
- Drive decisions & work with multiple product & business teams to prioritize ML/AI initiatives in the areas of User Generated Content, Trip Planning, Computer Vision, NLP, & Generative AI.
- Push adoption of emerging & relevant approaches to solve ML & AI problems.
- Work with colleagues in Machine Learning, Analytics & Engineering to drive best practices in development, testing, & production deployment at scale.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels across different functional teams.
- Identify & manage priorities within the context of overall Tripadvisor objectives.
- Your team will leverage data & advanced techniques to develop, implement & analyze predictive models that enable data-driven, strategic decision-making. This role requires expertise in a broad range of NLP, Computer Vision, Generative AI, Recommender systems & their application to business problems. A successful candidate will be organized, creative, & interested in creating practical scalable solutions to business problems using data & analytics. They will have the right mix of analytical, technical, & communication skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Skills & Experience:
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field.
- Demonstrated history of leadership in managing high impact machine learning & engineering projects.
- 5+ years of experience in managing & mentoring a team of ML scientists & managers.
- Knowledge of NLP, Computer Vision, practical experience with Deep Learning & Large Language Models.
- Proven track record in putting & managing critical Machine Learning services & production.
- Solid statistical knowledge & intuition, experience with A/B testing.
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills coupled with strong business acumen, along with the ability to influence peer organizations & executives.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request. Please include the job requisition number in your message.