At Multiplay (a division of Unity Technologies) we are reinventing the way multiplayer games are, built, launched & supported. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development & launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology & 24/7 live operations for some of the worlds biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, & keeping gamers online.
You will be joining the Product Management Team to help shape the direction & the future of multiplayer game hosting & scaling.The day to day role will revolve around understanding the requirements that we have from; customers, industry trends & the wider business. These requirements will then need to be transformed into something our excellent development team can build.Product Management is an integral part of the business, ensuring that the product is aligned to the business strategy & is delivering value to our customers.
Its not all hard work though, we do sometimes enjoy a cheeky lunchtime gaming session alongside regular activities such as board game nights, escape rooms & charity events.You will be required to have access to a vehicle as we are based in the New Forest, which although beautiful & picturesque, has limited public transport options.This will be a 11 month placement starting in summer 2020.
- Meeting with stakeholders to understand what they require from the product
- Writing Epics,User Stories & Feature Descriptions for the development team
- Work with UX/UI designers to produce workflows & wireframes
- Assist with analytical insight into industry trends & competitor analysis to feed back into the business
- Talk with game studios to understand their requirements for upcoming projects & around the multiplayer space
- Currently studying in a relevant subject & looking for a placement year
- An interest in using your technical knowledge to help shape a product into its best form & ensure it is meeting customer needs
- Motivation & interest to learn more about technical product management
- Knowledge & understanding of infrastructure & different infrastructure requirements
- An understanding of cloud technologies & the technical & commercial merits of cloud
- An interest in understanding of the different requirements that may be required by users who consume infrastructure services
- A passion for gaming, we love what we do & the customers we have
- An awareness of the trends within the gaming industry, specifically around Multiplayer gaming
- An outgoing personality, someone who brings energy & a good vibe to anything they do!
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the worlds leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful & accessible tools to create, operate, & monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level & industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, & monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The companys 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, & Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide & have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visitwww.unity.com