Senior Manager EU Supply Chain
London based with EU & US travel
Reporting to the EU GM; strong indirect links to US based Supply Chain Leadership group
About the role:
As the Senior Manager, EU Supply Chain, youll take on a high-impact, high-visibility role within the EU team at Harrys Youll be joining the EU team at a critical juncture - after tremendous growth in the UK across DTC & Retail, we will be looking to launch new markets, add new brands, & pursue countless other new commercial opportunities. Reporting directly to the EU GM (and P&L owner), you will seamlessly bring together the functions of Supply Chain under one remit locally. You will ensure resources, priorities & managerial software is in place & functioning efficiently on the exciting next leg of growth for the EU region.
Youll have the opportunity to dive into a highly varied scope of work, interacting with & building strong relationships with virtually every team at Harrys, across both London & New York. Your time will be split between leading the team locally, delivering on projects, ensuring operational metrics are being delivered & adapting to a fast-growing business environment. Youll also spend significant time partnering with senior Supply Chain leadership in NYC, ensuring that the EU business is represented, prioritised appropriately (in-line with objectives), aligned to global strategy & supported centrally.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent people manager, with outstanding business instincts, communication abilities, & leadership skills who is excited to help us grow into a multi-brand, multi-geo business. An ideal candidate is extremely versatile, happy to venture into uncharted territory, quickly understands the most important metrics in a given Supply Chain lane & ensures delivery against them.
And most of all, we are looking for someone who will be a great cultural fit, joining the ~60-person EU team & contributing to its fun, small-office startup culture. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Roles & responsibilities / What you will accomplish:
- Manage the end-to-end EU Distribution, Outbound Logistics Execution, Sourcing & Planning responsibilities for:
- Harrys Retail & DTC distribution & fulfillment (via 2x 3PL DCs & multiple carriers)
- Harrys & Flamingo Retail ISMs, packaging & collateral across the EU
- Demand Planning for all sales channels for Harrys & Flamingo across the region, ensuring stock availability at all times & maximised forecast accuracy
- Identify any gaps in local processes or responsibility so that the EU team operates seamlessly with the NYC based functions
- Develop & update budgets for DTC & Retail channels with ultimate responsibility for hitting targets, quality & efficiency
- Drive improvements to reduce costs & or improve customer experience
- Manage the EU based Supply Chain team (~10 FTE)
- Oversee that the team deliver & are plugged into & contributing to global initiatives & processes (e.g. Planning, Systems, Innovations)
- Foster their growth & development personally & professionally
- Ensure the Organisation is consistently right-sized for the business development in the EU region & demonstrate growth paths for a high-growth team
- Constantly collaborate with local cross-functional partners to ensure DTC & Retail channels run smoothly, efficiently & delighting our end customers. Work across the EU leadership team to ensure there is real partnership between Commercial & Supply Chain functions
- Implement scalable tools, systems, & processes to support a high performing & accurate EU Supply Chain function. Share best practices & jointly work with the Global Ops team to implement scalable tools, systems, processes
- Drive continuous improvement activities in conjunction with the Global Supply Chain Strategy
- Spend significant time ensuring that the EU is visible, contributing to & benefiting from Global Ops initiatives run out of the NYC based leaders, including areas outside of Global Ops such as IT
- Support contract negotiations / QBR processes across the Supply Chain remit while maintaining positive relationships with external vendors
- Bring analytical support to negotiations with vendors
- Hold vendors to account on delivery of agreed KPIs
- Encourage innovation through the Ops vendor base to ensure Harrys is responding to & competitively leading in services to our customers
- Act as a constructive thought partner with outside vendors to support growth of Harrys business
About you / This should describe you:
- 6+ years experience in the Supply Chain space for global business(es)
- An excellent manager - humbly leading & developing true subject matter experts who may know considerably more about their function of Supply Chain than you. Youll find a way to build credible relationships, to add value to their knowledge through global context, invest in their personal development & removing barriers to them doing a better job each day
- Quick & passionate learner, able to get up to speed on new projects & digest new & changing information rapidly in order to learn about the nuances & needs of the full Supply Chain remit in the EU. Youll naturally build context for areas where you have less experience operationally
- Able to highly effectively work cross-functionally across a diverse set of stakeholders, building relationships as the key EU owner of all Supply Chain functions, ensuring seamless representation with the EU Commercial functions & inclusion of the EU business globally within the functions of Distribution, Logistics, Sourcing & Planning.
- A proven Project Manager; able to manage large projects through to completion, with thoughtful stakeholder management along the way. Possessing a highly structured & organized approach to everything - in breaking down ambiguous problems, comms with various team members, decision-making, etc.
- Customer-centric: Focus always on the customer first. Ensure strategic & tactical decisions drive the best customer experience possible. Drive process improvements to ensure DTC & Retail metrics remain elevated. Work with cross-functional partners to support initiatives that surprise & delight the customer.
- Loves constant context-switching, wearing many hats vs. focusing deeply in one function
- Skilled communicator who can provide the right message, narrative, & level of detail according to the audience via verbal or written communication (PPT, email, etc.). Keeps the business updated with the critical KPIs & performance metrics within Ops.
- Utilizes holistic understanding of our business to constantly see around corners & proactively identify key risks / downstream implications as they arise
- Resilient, able to roll with the punches & efficiently re-focus as the business shifts, possessing a real All In, All Together mindset
- Passionate about creating a performance-driven organization at Hs through effective objective setting, performance management, succession planning, recruitment & retention actions
- Sense of urgency with a bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset, & self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations in a fast paced environment
- Experience working through ERP systems, running RFP processes, contract negotiations, implementation & BAU optimization
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.