Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you'll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world's leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks & payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX & payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within & outside of the office, & whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport & Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as aSenior Analyst - Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Business Partner, we want to hear from you.
What's it all about?
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team at Visa helps to identify, assess & prepare for any risks that may have an impact on Earthport's objectives & operations specifically & broadly Visa Group objectives. The ERM program at Visa is committed to not only mitigate the impact of adverse events but to also affirmatively help Visa to achieve its strategic objectives by identifying risks & recommending appropriate controls & mitigating measures.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Knowledge of ERM & traditional risk management & its relationship within a large organization, including understanding of risk concepts across the strategic, financial, operational, technology & legal domains
- Understand three lines of defence model & its real-life application within a global entity
- Capability to recognize & understand root causes, patterns, or trends across a broad spectrum of activity that could result in risk to the organization
- Analytical & reasoning skills: Experience with risk identification, assessment, & mitigation of material risks, while assisting risk owners (1st line of defence) with development of controls & mitigation plans.
- Ability to quickly understand complex & fast-moving topics & identify key points & go forward plans with limited information
- Data mining & data management skills: experience with capturing data to provide meaningful insights to business stakeholders on the evolving risk profile
- Excellent communication skills: verbal & written, & experience in credibly probing & challenging colleagues with significantly more experience
- General awareness of the Payments industry, recent & ongoing developments, & the underlying technology
What we're after
- Educated to degree level or hold equivalent professional experience in Accounting, Finance or Business strongly preferre
- 5+ years related experience (consulting, strategy, business, finance, accounting) & risk experience preferred (i.e. Financial (credit, liquidity, market), enterprise, operational etc.)
- Knowledge, skill & understanding in applying risk management practices specifically as it relates to ERM (assessment, scoring, tolerance, mitigation/management)
- General understanding & application of popular risk management frameworks including COSO
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication & facilitation skills, plus ability to work independently & effectively in a continually changing environment
- Clear thinker with strong technical & data analysis skills, plus solid business acumen, management, & problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships & work with all organizational levels
- General understanding of business, economic & financial principles
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Understanding of the mergers & acquisition lifecycle, & business transformation initiatives
- Ability to identify & understand global risk events & how they impact on the enterprise
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.