Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
We are looking for a software engineer who will write software that will run on tens of thousands of hypervisors & bare-metal servers across DigitalOcean's global infrastructure network. You will be responsible for building the next generation of networking on our platform: providing flexible, yet simple, primitives that our customers have come to love.
DigitalOceans software engineers develop next-generation cloud software technology that will change how millions of developers build, deploy, & scale web applications. Our mission is to simplify cloud infrastructure; this requires knowledge in many different fields including distributed systems, virtualization, software defined networking, scale-out storage, real-time data processing, & user interface design.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Solving problems with distributed patterns to reduce bottlenecks, single points of failures & inter-dependencies of our many regions
- Designing & building sets of highly efficient micro-services to enable new features & internal toolings around the virtual network stack
- Diving deep into the ocean of highly available & fault-tolerant virtual networking
- Participating in a team effort to harden our visibility on various network metrics
- Using technologies & tools such as: OpenVSwitch, Go, Perl, Consul, SQL, Chef, Git, Jira, Sentry, Prometheus, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible & others
What We'll Expect From You:
- Expertise with at least two of the following languages: Go, Perl, Python, C/C++
- Understanding of Kubernetes/Container Networking
- Understanding of the OSI model Layer 4 & above
- Understanding of flexible & scalable database architecture
- Ability to self-organize & clearly communicate intents
- Bonus: Background in OpenVSwitch
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!