Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: May 18th or June 8th
The Marketing Technology team is responsible for procuring & building tooling for the Mailchimp Marketing team. The team collaborates with stakeholders within Marketing & across Mailchimp to build & maintain the technology required to execute multi-channel campaigns to ensure the success of Mailchimp's All-In-One Marketing Platform for growing businesses, including: identifying cross functional marketing needs, architecting solutions, collaborating to create integrated marketing plans & working closely with external vendors & internal engineering teams to drive a holistic customer experience.
We are looking for a candidate with a deep interest in the Marketing Technology stack, as well as custom software development practices to customize existing tools to execute multi-channel personalized campaigns. You will become an expert on various Marketing Technology tools, including Mailchimp, & understand the supported features & constraints. You will have a clear understanding of the business overall mission, marketings needs & be able to apply technology toward that goal in a way everyone can understand.
What youll do:
- Drive innovative solutions that address marketing needs
- Work on evaluating marketing technology tools similar to Segment.com, Amplitude, UrbanAirship, Braze, Optimizely, Mixpanel, etc, build systems & prototypes that solve specific marketing problems
- Identify pain points, define a clear & compelling solution to address it, & prototype marketing tooling to solve them
- Leverage performance data to understand ROI for tactics & offer technology investment counsel to marketing leaders
- Evaluate existing tools to understand their capabilities & build prototypes that enable new use cases
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, & testing
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps & opportunities
Wed love to hear from you if you are:
- Part of S.T.E.M program in school such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Research, Information Systems, Engineering or Business
- Experience building single page apps written in ReactJS & GatsbyJS
- Strong SQL & data analysis skills. Machine learning & BigQuery experience a plus.
- Able to work with REST APIs on popular SAAS platforms including Mailchimp, Google Cloud, Google Maps, Wistia & Looker custom visualizations
- Familiar with JIRA, GitHub, Elasticsearch
- A creative problem solver who listens hard, is highly observant, communicative & can problem solve
- Experienced in partnering with cross functional teams (marketing, engineering, design, product management, research, etc)
- Comfortable in public speaking to both internal, external & executive audiences
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.