WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are hiring a director for our US Local Marketplace team which connects over 2 million engaged couples with +50,000 local wedding vendors (e.g. Venue, DJ, Florist, etc.) across the US each year. This position plays an essential role in solving complex problems across our two-sided marketplace in areas such as pricing, product strategy, go-to-market optimization, & analytics. This person needs to be a strong analytical thinker who is equally comfortable driving strategy as well as execution in a cross-functional environment in close coordination with stakeholders across sales, marketing, product, operations, & analytics.
- Responsible for formulating strategy & overseeing implementation of all pricing & monetization efforts related to the US Local Marketplace including:
- Retention optimization
- New product strategy
- Sales go-to-market
- Oversee a number of day-to-day functions, including quota modeling & distribution, vendor unit & revenue cohort retention analysis, & profitability analysis from an ROS/LTV & pricing strategy/discount perspective
- Responsible for leading & taking ownership of key strategic initiatives related to marketplaces across all TKWW brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, etc)
- Identify problems & proactively come up with solutions rooted in data across all products & brands
- Local data team priorities - own relationship & collaborate with Data Science & Data Engineering to automate reporting
- Support internal capability development around marketplace management & optimization
- Support the production & distribution of marketplace analytics including:
- Marketplace health KPIs
- Retention reporting & optimization
- Forecasting & scenario modeling
- ROI/impact analysis
- Identify new revenue opportunities & next-generation advertising products
- Tailor & synthesize analyses/processes down to clear communications & presentations
- Leverage insights gleaned from analyses to inform Training & Enablement, Process & Data strategy by collaborating with Local Operations leadership team peers
- Set the standard for excellence & accuracy
- Hold self & team accountable for making fast decisions & meeting deadlines/tight turnaround schedules
- Develop team members, set quarterly goals & meet regularly to discuss progress individually & as a team
- Coach the team to independently problem solve, navigate against new variables & work with them to actively manage workload
- Act as a role model for the team by maintaining a positive, open-minded attitude with no ego, but a strong will to win
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR, BUSINESS OPERATIONS & MONETIZATION CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 3+ years relevant professional experience in a finance, consulting, or similar background (ideally working with tech, subscription, eCommerce, marketplace, or media businesses) OR 5+ years of business operations experience with 1+ of those years having people management experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Post-graduate degree (e.g. MBA) preferred
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills with a knack for recognizing trends/patterns in large data sets
- Must be comfortable drawing key insights from data & communicating/presenting these findings to stakeholders & decision makers
- Must be able to identify & communicate effectively with teams across multiple functions
- Strong player-coach mentality, excels at strategic thinking as well as rolling up sleeves to get things done
- Highly resourceful individual; self-motivated & able to overcome obstacles with resilience & creativity
- SQL and/or Salesforce skills a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Birst, Mode, Tableau, chart.io, Qlik)
- Ability to prioritize, set deadlines, & meet aggressive goals
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, changing environment with a bias to action & will to win
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.