Birchbox was founded in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: weve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty & grooming by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isnt the simple concept of delivering a box of samples its understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. See here to find out how Birchbox is making a difference.
Our Merchant team is the force behind our mission at Birchbox- without them, we would not be able to give consumers a personalized way to discover & shop for new beauty products. As an integral member within the Merchandising team, the Merchants are our first touch point with brands, creating strategic sampling partnerships & merchandising compelling assortments of products for our shop. Overall, they grow partnerships with beauty brands & create a best in class assortment of products for our customers.
As a merchandising team, we are focused on adding inclusive brands & products to our assortment. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion & background in all types of beauty, & is committed to helping us strengthen & widen our product offering for all.
Merchandising 2020 Goals
- Subscription - Identify, pitch, close & curate a compelling, competitive sample assortment that optimizes for customer happiness & discovery that is unique for our customer, caj. Caj is our target customer who is not beauty obsessed & instead turns to Birchbox with a purpose to find products right for them
- Shop - strategic merchandising for birchbox.com, through a tight curation of products our customers need to know about, including items we are sampling as well as new, exciting, & on-trend/relevant products from a diverse range of brands (indie to widely known)
- Teamwork - work closely to strengthen Birchbox as a brand, with a focus on cross team collaboration & strategic efforts to create a long lasting product that is forever useful to customers
- Oversee a portfolio of brands, from initial pitch to launch at Birchbox, & ongoing account management
- Negotiate terms of partnership & agreements for external partners
- Build robust product knowledge (category level, brand level, product level)
- Create & manage all copy related tasks as it relates to your brand portfolio
- Have a strong grasp of the Birchbox value proposition & key metrics
- Project manage brand campaigns with Marketing, Social & Editorial teams
- Create insightful analytics packages to share campaign results with our brand partners
- Consistently look for ways to improve processes & partnerships
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience in Merchandising, Buying, Sales, Planning or Business Development a plus
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with both brands & internal team members
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility & excitement in an ever changing environment
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***