Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Internal Controls Associate to join our growing Finance team. You will play a key role during an exciting period of high growth & process transformation. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high energy company.
What Youll Do:
- Support new & ongoing business transformation initiatives across the company around risk, internal controls, & compliance.
- Consult & provide guidance in business, technology & operational processes from a financial reporting risk perspective.
- Drive assessments & reviews of various functional areas that have potential financial, operational, or compliance risk implications.
- Engage with cross-functional partners for analyzing problems, assessing risks, developing improvement opportunities and/or corrective actions, building consensus & supporting implementation of remediation solutions.
- Develop well-targeted management presentations, reports, roadmaps, detailed flowcharts & process documentation.
- Partner with the teams across Accounting, Finance, IT, Engineering, Operations, as well as third party consultants, on various related initiatives.
- You have Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems
- You have or are currently working towards an audit relevant certification (CPA, CISA, CIA)
- You have 3+ years of experience in internal or external audits including processes, systems, SOX, financial compliance
- You have experience with reviewing & documenting finance, operational & IT processes
- You are a strong communicator, both written & verbal, with the ability to work with both subject matter experts & senior level management, technical & non-technical
- You are focused on delivery, willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job, including administrative tasks
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- You are able to execute & follow-through on tasks while ensuring attention to detail
- You have an investigative & curious nature, & enjoy problem-solving
- You have a strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude
- You aer willing to participate in projects outside of your immediate areas
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.