Treeline Cheese via The Sasha Group
Treeline Cheese was founded by Michael Schwarz in 2011 as a personal mission to develop a plant-based cheese as good as conventional cheeses. The brand was launched in specialty shops in New York City. Over the next few years distribution expanded to include Whole Foods, Kroger, Wegmans & national distributors like UNFI & Kehe. In 2018, the company doubled manufacturing capacity in its NY plant & added automation. Today, the company is best described as an early-stage growth company. The company has a successful product line, an established manufacturing plant, a good customer base, & strong gross margins. The company is strategically adding the underlying structure, process, selling & marketing capabilities needed to support a larger & faster-growing business.
Based upon the success of the company over the past 8 years combined with the explosion of plant-based foods, the decision was made in 2019 to implement a transformational growth plan. In August 2019, the company hired a new CEO & shortly thereafter completed a new series B funding through individual private investors (not a private equity firm) to jumpstart the companys growth. The 5-year growth plan aims to rapidly scale distribution, broaden the brands consumer target, develop industry-leading innovation, garner more space at retail, & build the brand through modern & progressive marketing.
The Director, Social Media & Marketing is the senior most marketing leader at the company & reports directly to the CEO. He/she will be a member of the companys executive team & be responsible for driving transformational business & brand growth in the U.S. & Canada across all channels. He/she will bring strategic & executional experience to our team -- someone who understands the fundamentals of marketing & digital media strategy, but is also focused on the details & passionate about execution. Specific responsibilities include:
- Social Media Strategy & Execution Assess the brands current marketing & the category/competitive landscape to develop a comprehensive social/digital strategy & plan for 2020-2024. Understands how to execute on the strategy across platforms, & uses content creation, paid media & community management skills to drive results
- Consumer Acquisition Drive consumer acquisition through display, retargeting, email, SEO/SEM, video, & social media to achieve revenue & profit targets.
- Consumer Experience Design & provide an exceptional consumer experience across social & digital channels
- Content Management Development & activate a comprehensive content strategy designed to improve SEO results, ratings/reviews, rankings, & drive awareness, consideration & brand preference.
- Influencer Marketing as part of the overall marketing plan, develop & execute a smart, targeted influencer program to drive content & conversation around the brand.
- E-Commerce Develop & execute a comprehensive e-commerce strategy & deploy social media tools to drive traffic, ratings/reviews, & conversion. Leverage the assets & capabilities of retailers to develop & execute targeted shopper marketing programs.
- Build necessary process & measurement tools Develop annual marketing plans, budgets, measurement tracking, & investment recommendations. Proficient at interpreting data & results from Facebook Business Manager, Google AdWords & other social / digital paid media platforms, as well as owned data sources (Shopify, CRM, site analytics, etc).
- Inspire & foster & agile, growth-oriented culture Integrate current entrepreneurial strengths with the need to grow into a professionally managed organization.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Direct digital/social media experience of 10 years or more in consumer goods.
- Combines digital/social media marketing expertise with experience in e-commerce, influencer marketing & public relations.
- Proven track record of driving meaningful top-line growth of premium, consumer brands.
- Outstanding leadership & team-building skills.
- Deep industry relationships & broad network of industry contacts.
- The ideal candidate combines early career experience developing expertise at a leading digital/social company or agency with more recent experience executing the growth agenda for smaller CPG brands.
Other personal skills / attributes / qualifications will include the following:
- Digital native
- A strong understanding of business strategy & how marketing (specifically social & digital media) can drive results, even when budgets are constrained
- Enjoys the process of content creation, posting content & interacting with consumers online
- The ability to write concisely & with a strong voice, without typo or delay
- An appreciation for the positive societal/environmental impact of plant-based foods
- Natural commercial orientation where strategy & execution marry to drive results
- Action-oriented, decisive, & able to make timely decisions in a fast-paced environment
- The uncanny ability to see opportunities & solutions in the face of a challenge
- Loves all things digital & has deep, relevant knowledge of social media platforms, constantly trying out new tactics to engineer growth
- Highly innovative with a track record of creative marketing
- Leads by example & is capable of inspiring dedicated professionals at all levels
- Multi-dimensional thinker who not only leverages past experience, but also adapts to new approaches & developments in a changing & competitive marketplace
A competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus, LTIP & benefits will be offered to the selected candidate.