Peloton is seeking a Lead UX Prototype Engineer to support the innovation, iteration, & optimization of our Bike, Tread, & Digital apps. This role will work directly with UX & UI designers & User Researchers to translate new product & features designs into interactive prototypes.
This is the first role of its kind at Peloton. This role will work across Peloton Product Design teams & will report directly to the VP of Product Design & UX.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Produce interactive prototypes to assist in user research & feature development.
- Understand the prospective use of the prototype to better understand the required fidelity & best method for delivering the experience
- Translate feature requirements, user flows, wireframes, & UI mockups provided by the UX & UI designers into interactive prototypes.
- Build prototypes across a range of visual fidelity & complexity utilizing different tools, platforms, & programming languages.
- Prepare prototypes for testing in coordination with User Research team, & observe & support testing to ensure valid results.
- Collaborate daily with UX Designers, UI Designers, & User Researchers.
- Advise front-end engineering teams on implementation of prototyped interactions.
- Work across the Product Design team & support several simultaneous projects on tight deadlines.
- Work with Engineering to integrate with various Peloton hardware products & third party sensors to power interactive prototypes.
- Build & maintain reusable frameworks & libraries to enable rapid iteration on high fidelity prototyping.
- Advise Product, Design, & UX Teams with technical expertise.
- Passionate about UI, UX & interaction design.
- Sits at the intersection of engineering & design.
- Highly collaborative & communicative; takes feedback well.
- Self managed; can set timelines independently & stick to schedules.
- Takes a lean approach to solving problems & demonstrating ideas.
- Understands the imperfect nature of prototyping.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to learn new platforms, software languages, & concepts as trends shift in the industry.
- Supportive of other designers; interested in bringing the work of other designers to life.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in development or prototyping.
- Portfolio of relevant product design prototyping work displaying.
- Experience in UI development; working with designers & with design tools (Sketch, etc.)
- 6+ years of front-end/UI development & experimental prototyping experience.
- Strong experience with a variety of platforms, languages, & tools such as:
- ReactJS Framework
- Swift & UIKit development for iOS, iPadOS, & tvOS
- Android SDK & Android development
- Experience building physical prototypes (electrical engineering.)
- Experience building software prototypes on integrated hardware products.
- Interested in helping mentor junior peers.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike,Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our members & customers first & we obsess over every touchpoint of the member experiencebe it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.