Headout is evolving the way people discover the world by connecting them with exceptional experiences at the push of a button. We are building a magical platform that gets everyone to head out & have fun in a matter of seconds; no matter where you are & what you want to do. We are combining a delightful product experience, data-driven decisions, sophisticated supply side logistics network & world-class operations to solve a huge basic human problem: how do we have a good time?
Weve grown 15x in the last 9 months & are backed by some of the finest investors in Silicon Valley who are behind companies like Alibaba, Lyft, Snapchat, Snapdeal, Angellist, Instacart, Product Hunt, Postmates & others.
As a key member of the Business Development team, the Senior Business Development Lead will structure, negotiate & execute on large scale partnerships designed to expand & grow the reach of the Headout brand.
We are seeking an all-around marketing athlete who can also take on a broad range of responsibilities. These include anything from negotiating major event partnerships to generating local consumer insights to creating a local driver acquisition strategy & everything in-between! The primary focus of this role will be on supply acquisition - partnerships that lead to increased adoption of Headout as the platform of choice for experience providers to connect with users.
Working closely with the hospitality team, s/he will also recommend & implement partnerships designed to measurably improve the host experience, add to host retention & deliver additional services to our hosts.
What you'll do?
- Evaluate strategic & partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative & qualitative analyses
- Work with both internal & external product teams to drive product partnerships & influence product roadmaps
- Lead contract negotiations to establish a strong working partnership grounded on sustainable economics for both parties
- Drive revenue generation & build the partner network for Headout by prospecting, qualifying & closing new partnerships
- Develop strong relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market strategy
- Support the deal process from relationship building & due diligence, all the way through post-contract signing integration
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years business development experience in online marketplace, e-commerce or travel related businesses.
- Expertise in developing, analyzing, modeling business cases, understanding of legal agreements.
- Proven track record of effectively negotiating multi-million dollar business agreements & developing business relationships that improve company performance.
- Excellent internal & external communicator & strong interpersonal skills. Communicate complex details simply.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment & changing requirements.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, & handle uncertainty & ambiguity.
- Can do attitude, strategic thinker & passion for new products & solutions.