Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
- Responsible for leading critical platform infrastructure engineering efforts in analysing & translating business information & technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Work with application & infrastructure teams to review or produce optimal, high level designs.
- Conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets & 3rd party technologies.
- Analyse the current architecture to identify weaknesses & develop opportunities for continuous improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity, reducing cost & increasing effectiveness.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Document all solution architecture design & analysis work.
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership & external requestorsas a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, & to deliver quality services.
- Lead & establish system requirements, designs/architecture & manage critical infrastructure deliverables while driving Technology Standards.
- Utilize data-driven approaches & methodologies to reduce IT process gaps & enhance process effectiveness through automation.
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures & standards applicability, effectiveness & efficiency.
- Review complex processes, manage customer service & provide regular technical reports both verbal & statistical showing status of ongoing projects & goals.
- Lead continuous availability programs & initiativesfor specific platforms to strengthen resiliency & recovery capabilities to 5'9s.
What we're after...
- High level of experience in an Infrastructure Engineering or Software Developmentrole for Platform Services with a preference for experience in a Solutions Architectural role.
- Understanding of Application Architecture is highly preferable.
- Preference for Systems Engineeringbackgroundwith focus to Hadoop based platforms(Compute, Middleware, DB, & / or Storage Engineering).
- Proven ability to develop detailed solution architecture designs.
- Understanding of Architecture Constructs - (Architecture & Design patterns, protocols SOAP, REST, etc.) & Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale & cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation.
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills.
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments.
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, & facilitation skills.
- Familiar with ITIL concepts; especially Service Design & Service Orientation.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.