The Communications Associate role is an entry-level position providing internal support to the Communications team, VaynerX & its companies, & to its employees through planning, research & organization, reporting to Director, Global Communications.
- Assist with client campaigns launches; pitching to press, gathering relevant information from client teams, understanding timelines, etc.
- Gather information for internal newsletters & help write copy.
- Monitor inbound media requests/queries & field to the relevant person accordingly
- Maintain press tracker capturing press hits for both VaynerX, its leadership & its clients.
- Write copy for VaynerXs social media channels, manage posts & community manage.
- Schedule departmental meetings such as monthly PR meetings with account teams.
- Maintain database of media contacts.
- Harvest internal news of client work via brand team meetings & regular email outreach.
- Perform research to gather info & insights to inform story pitches.
- Read widely to develop working knowledge of national, ad trade, vertical category trade etc.
- Perform coverage audits analyzing previous coverage & areas of coverage opportunity for clients.
- Research media coverage & industry trends pertinent to VaynerX clients.
- Keep executives' biographies & headshots up to date.
- Research ongoing speaking engagements & industry events & flag with the team.
- Organize PR materials & information on the team drive.
- Deep knowledge of & experience using social media
- 1-2 years of communications, journalism or adveritisng experience preferred
- Ability to perform under pressure in tight deadline situations & manage multiple projects concurrently
- Passion for advertising/media industry news
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to build deep, trust-based relationships
- Amazing creativity matched by impressive organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving, prioritizing & analytical abilities
- Familiarity with Google Docs + Microsoft Office Suite