Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living & helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes & out of landfills.
As the Los Angeles Fulfillment Center Manager, you will be responsible for the local people, processes, tools, & space behind Feathers furniture fulfillment operations. You will grow the LA fulfillment team & collaborate with exceptional Feather talent across the country to improve the way we do things!
What youll do:
- Process design & redesign: Collaborate with the Head of Fulfillment & your counterpart Fulfillment Center Managers in other Feather markets to design & standardize fulfillment center processes.
- Spatial design: Work with the Head of Fulfillment to design inventory systems that maximize efficiency & keep furniture intact.
- People management: Manage hiring plans & labor forecasting, implement employee performance evaluation systems, & create a positive working environment. Plan shift structures that balance output, quality, cost, & employee wellness.
- Manage & improve costs: Identify & control levers within fulfillment center operations to positively impact the businesss margins.
- Compliance & safety: Implement policies & practices to ensure all local labor & safety laws are adhered to.
- Inventory management: Maintain accurate records of inventory location & condition, per Feathers record-keeping processes. Store inventory in an organized, safe fashion that preserves item condition.
- Daily workflow management: manage warehouse queues for efficient item turnaround time & quality.
What you have:
- 2+ years managing warehouse operations
- A point of view on what good leadership means
- Excellent spatial organization skills
- Ability to lift & move heavy furniture with help from dollies, hand-trucks, & team members
- Familiarity with working in software & spreadsheeting tools, including Excel
- Experience analytically shiftplanning
What you'll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Access to 401(k) & commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Sponsored lunches & unlimited office snacks
- Monthly in-office massages, team events, & a monthly wellness stipend
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done