At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
The IT Billing Technical Lead will manage & coordinate activities concerning Cloudflares self-service subscription billing platform including, but not limited to: researching functionality inquiries, managing enhancement requests, providing support for billing system releases & upgrades, & leading the triage & resolution of issues.
What you'll do
- With limited direction, maintain & perform updates to parameters on the billing platform (production, training & test). Review & validate parameter updates & configuration as required to ensure continuity & system integrity.
- Research & respond to internal customer requests.
- Provide overall billing platform interface support (may include on call rotation involvement).
- Support unit & system integration testing efforts in the test environments.
- Support testing for enhancements prior to implementation to ensure daily operations are not adversely impacted.
- Assist with troubleshooting interface issues.
- Perform research & respond to inquiries from all areas of the organization.
- Participate in billing system release/upgrade activities & assume a support role for scheduled releases.
- Maintain & perform updates & configuration as required to support external applications as needed.
- Troubleshoot interface issues & manage updates between internal application support & billing vendors.
- Validate testing for enhancements prior to implementation to ensure daily operations are not adversely impacted.
- Develop & review detailed policies & procedures, standard operating procedures, training & workflow documentation
- Point person for issue tracking & on-going maintenance & support of billing system
- Manage data validation & work with reporting & interface analysts to ensure accuracy & data verification of reports, query results & quality/state reporting
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Examples of desired skills, experienceand qualifications
- Strong understanding of billing platform workflows, interfaces & related functionality.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities.
- Demonstrable research, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, high change environment to meet timelines.
- Be a consistent high team performer.
- Extensive knowledge base of billing, including taxation, cards, payments, etc.
- Familiarity with payment processors e.g., Braintree, Adyan, PayPal
- 5+ years of experience in supporting a SaaS Billing platform (like Recurly, Zuora, Tract)
- Deep technical knowledge of goTransverse Tract self-service subscription billing system
- Technical knowledge of Boomi integration platform
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or other analytical discipline required.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.