Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications! We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product & customer experience. With our rapid scale we are seeking a Vice President to lead our Programmable Voice business, one of our largest & fastest growing businesses. The VP leads the business success of the product. You will directly lead the product management & engineering teams, while working closely with Marketing, Sales, & Finance, among others, to fuel customer growth, new customer acquisition & launching new products to unlock new markets.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has:
- A demonstrated track record running a fast growing $300MM+ SaaS business
- 15+ years of hands-on leadership experience within product management, engineering & go-to-market teams
- 5+ years experience with products in the real-time media, telecommunications or corporate telecom (e.g. contact center) space
- Experience leading global teams in a high-growth technology company
- Experience building & launching complex platforms at scale & providing product direction to meet customer needs
- 5+ years of experience running a significant P&L
- Highly analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions & their quantitative implications
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Detail-orientation with great organizational skills, good with ambiguity & ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks & concrete action plans
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Results-oriented & comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal mentorship
As VP of Programmable Voice, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own a full P&L. Working with supporting functions to continuously analyze, & act on business performance. Build an annual plan & execute on it to a quarterly cadence with week-by-week monitoring. Be a thought leader & strong partner to the executive team & your peers on the extended leadership team.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES & DRAW THE OWL: Wear our customers shoes by being the executive owner for the product in front of customers. The buck stops with you. Establish lasting relationships with our key customers & develop new relationships with emerging customers who will lead us to new market opportunities. Identify new areas for strategic investments, including M&A.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Define the 5+ year strategy for Programmable Voice, the CPaaS leader & category defining product, & one of Twilios largest revenue generators
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build diverse teams & seek out unique points of view to deliver products that reflect the global population & make communication more inclusive for all
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with go-to-market to align on a marketing & sales plan that delivers the pipeline & bookings needed to reach our top-line goals
The Programmable Voice platform reaches more than 2 million global developers daily & every month billions of voice calls are made on our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. Twilio is at the center of this, & the Voice platform is writing the script for how we drive that transformation.
Twilio is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly outstanding; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation, & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver or San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones! No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.