At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Senior Counsel, Healthcare Compliance to join its Healthcare Compliance team in Lyfts Legal Department. You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment & work proactively as a trusted advisor & partner to various teams across the organization including Lyfts healthcare business, marketing, sales, account management, product, IT, & legal. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic compliance team & work on interesting issues to support Lyfts rapidly expanding healthcare business. This position will report to the Director, Healthcare Compliance.
- Works cooperatively with healthcare compliance team members in delivering value to healthcare business partners to support achieving corporate & strategic objectives.
- Ability to independently lead healthcare compliance projects to completion while working with a variety of cross-functional teams.
- Interprets & analyzes laws & regulations from state Medicaid agencies, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS Office for Civil Rights (HIPAA), & Medicare Advantage Plans governing Lyfts operations. Provides strategic advice & guidance on implementing those laws & regs, working closely with the healthcare business, product, marketing, sales & operations teams.
- Advisor to the commercial legal team on matters involving the Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, & other federal healthcare regulations.
- Works closely with regulators in various jurisdictions to negotiate for favorable outcomes to compliance matters that support the companys business objectives. Maintain an ongoing positive relationship with regulators.
- Works with Information Security & Privacy to maintain compliance with HIPAA & other relevant privacy laws.
- Works closely with legal & government relations to draft correspondence, comments, & position papers touching upon Lyft healthcare compliance matters.
- Administers healthcare licensure & application processes including provider enrollments in Medicaid & Medicaid Managed Care Plans as required.
- Provides leadership for corporate compliance objectives by performing compliance risk assessments, identifying compliance gaps, & assisting with the development of corrective action plans as needed.
- Works with corporate privacy & information security teams to participate in annual security risk assessment activities & other ongoing IT certification projects.
- Works closely with legal & government relations to recommend public policy strategies & analyze related operational impacts in the healthcare business.
- 7+ years of healthcare legal & compliance experience focusing on healthcare laws & regulations at a mid to large size law firm, government regulatory agency, in-house at a healthcare provider or health insurance plan, or preferably experience working in a healthcare legal/compliance position in a technology company.
- Juris Doctor Degree & an active license to practice law in any U.S. jurisdiction (subject to verification).
- Must be a team player & self-starter with the ability to mentor others.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, & interpersonal skills. Strong oral advocacy & presentation skills.
- Experience providing guidance on complex compliance requirements on healthcare regulatory issues & putting systems into place to meet those requirements.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally & with upper management to achieve compliance objectives with support from internal business partners.
- Experience working with federal or state healthcare regulators is strongly preferred.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.