Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a knowledgeable & enthusiastic Treasury Analyst to join our growing Finance team in our New York City HQ. This person will be a critical part of the Finance team, & will report into the Vice President - Global Controller.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Handle receipt, banking & protection of company funds, securities & financial products
- Anticipate borrowing needs & available funds for investment
- Develop an annual cash needs budget for the company & create long-term projections based on departmental needs & upcoming capital projects
- Develop cash flow improvement projects.
- Maintain an efficient system of policies & procedures that adequately control treasury activities
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational & capital investment needs
- Advise Senior Management of loans, liquidity & investments
- Prepare treasury related financial reports
- International transactions & foreign exchange gain/loss exposure from a treasury perspective
- Insurance related activities including negotiating insurance renewals & maintaining insurance relationships
- Implement & maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded from a treasury & payroll perspective
- Reporting all exemption notifications & filing all relevant reports, e.g. quarterly tax & deduction reports
- Provide required treasury reports & reconciliations to Finance/Accounting team & external auditors as required
- Identify improvements & efficiencies in the treasury processes from a controls perspective including Sarbanes Oxley requirements & compliance
- Support Finance/Accounting as required on on-going responsibilities & on an ad-hoc basis as necessary
- Plan & oversee on-going internal processes to push for efficiencies, automation & accuracy of financial management & financial systems from a treasury perspective.
- Support the development of the annual planning cycle & interim financial updates from a treasury perspective.
Our dream candidate...
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in treasury related activities
- Strong interpersonal & communications skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Good planning & organizational skills to balance & prioritize work
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail & confidentiality
- Experience & competency working with Excel
- Prior start-up experience/ E-commerce experience a plus
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Exposure to large ERP systems
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!