Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Applicants must have a strong work ethic, an ability to work independently, & an
- easy-going personality at ease in a startup environment.
- You should excel in multi-tasking & participating in & coordinating new projects
- as they arise
- Detail oriented
- Impeccable communication skills both written & verbal
Responsibilities of the role:
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to recording, reconciling & analyzing G/L account transactions
- Support the accounting/finance team in the preparation of financial statements, data analysis, integrity validation & reconciliations
- Assist with the annual audit process including both the readiness & execution including preparation of supporting audit schedules
- Tackle ad hoc projects as requested (e.g. research & document issues, special projects, etc.)
- Support other team members with areas of work including accounts payable & accounts receivable
- Play an integral part in the month end close process, coordinating timelines with the finance team at large
- Assist in developing & maintaining the Companys accounting policies & procedures as we expand
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- 3-5 years accounting experience; Big 4 experience a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP & financial reporting
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical & interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & take ownership of work product
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Experience with multiple ERP & accounting systems
- Work full-time in our San Francisco office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.