We are looking for an experienced, senior level Quality Engineer(QE) that is passionate about testing large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will be partnered with talented full stack engineers that share our passion & great pride in the simple elegance & usability of our solution. Okta engineering strongly believes in automated testing, UX design & an iterative process to build high-quality next generation software.
We need performance & environment gurus to help us learn the ways of the force. Can you build out highly scaled test environments & find the hotspots in performance? If so, we need to talk to you!
The Quality Engineering- Infrastructure Performance in particular is an elite team that operates fast, is innovative & flexible; with weekly sprints. They work on mission critical service infrastructure core components & develop automation around service availability, scalability & high through-put. They are key members of the system performance/core teams. This is a rock star team....come be a part of it!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand Okta backwards & forwards from core products to service infrastructure
- Master, improve & innovate upon our existing tools & processes for monitoring & measuring our application performance in production & pre-production environments.
- Identify performance bottlenecks & create repeatable processes for benchmarking purposes.
- Be a performance test advocate & advisor to the rest of the Engineering organization .
- Work across teams to identify & build out test environments that reflect real world deployments.
- Develop & execute system upgrade test plan for Oktas Infrastructure components
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 10+ years of QE experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS company
- 7+ years of Performance Testing/Monitoring of Web Applications
- Experience in Java based automation development.
- Experience with REST based APIs
- Experience working with large data volumes
- Solid understanding of diagnosing system utilization in a Linux based environment.
- Experience with some of the following technologies & services:
- Linux (RPM or Deb-based distributions)
- Cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (especially AWS)
- Container based service schedulers (e.g., Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet)
- Log management tools (Splunk/Sumologic/Kibana)
- Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics, NewRelic)
Education & Training:
- Any Bachelors Degree.
- Specialized training or equivalent working experience in: Software Development Lifecycle, Web Applications desired.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.