Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Senior Manager, Risk Analytics, youll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience & mitigating the associated risks. You will play a critical role in evolving our risk analytics at Circle & growing the team. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, & fast-paced environment.
What you'll work on:
- Lead, mentor & grow a high-performing team of data analysts.
- Develop relationships & work with many key stakeholders, both internally & externally, to manage Circles fraud risk effectively.
- Design, calculate & monitor risk OKRs / goals & KPIs.
- Partner closely with product & engineering teams to drive the enhancement of data tools available to data analysts at Circle ensuring data integrity & completeness.
- Evaluate emerging risks, analyze key risk trends & lead the development of effective risk management in enabling business growth initiatives.
- Manage software stack of automated monitors & alerts to keep tabs on any abnormalities in customer behavior, risk-rule efficiency & performance.
- Lead the design, implementation & maintenance of intuitive risk dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Drive automation of risk processes with the relevant tools to ensure scalability of all risk operations.
- Support all other Risk Team workload where required (i.e onboarding, documentation, customer support, troubleshooting, etc).
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 5+ years of experience as an analytics manager.
- 3+ years of experience with people management.
- Advanced SQL (postgreSQL, Redshift, Athena) & coding (Python) skills required to extract data from a variety of data sources.
- Strong presentation skills & ability to transform data into a dynamic narrative.
- Strong stakeholder management skills including navigating difficult situations, negotiating deadlines, & influencing internal & external stakeholders.
- A self starter. Ability to take initiative & find creative & scalable ways to solve problems.
- Experience working in payments, risk or chargeback /fraud role a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.