WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
We are expanding our team & seek a hands-on Sr. Manager, External Financial Reporting & Accounting Policy, as we look to prepare the company for public readiness. This new role will own external financial reporting & manage the preparation of financial statements. Eventually you will be responsible for the statutory filings & related regulatory filings including but not limited to the 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, annual report, & earnings release presentations. This position will also be responsible for supporting the quarterly reviews & annual audit, as well as, researching, interpreting, & implementing new accounting standards. Additionally, this individual will innovate & drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems & business processes. You will report to the Sr. Director of Finance & Assistant Controller & have exposure to our Investor Relations & Senior Management team. In this role, you will be expected to be a key contributor as we prepare the Company for public readiness.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Manage the timely & accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including reports filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q, 10-K, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare & manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal & investor relations departments.
- Review financial information included in the companys external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls & releases.
- Own the completion of the quarterly & annual GAAP disclosure checklists.
- Assist with the preparation of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share & other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations & journal entries for month-end close.
- Prepare supporting documentation related to SEC filings & engage with auditors to achieve an efficient audit or review of the filings.
- Read & interpret accounting guidance & write memos on technical accounting topics to support conclusions reached.
- Assess the financial statement & disclosure impact of complex transactions.
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to identify any changes in accounting policies, as needed.
- Assist with the documentation & maintenance of corporate accounting policies.
- Lead all aspects of the external filings, including XBRL tagging & review.
- Take initiative for process improvements to optimize the external reporting process.
- Prepare and/or assist with quarterly & annual internal Board of Directors & Audit Committee packages.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm or industry equivalent, including significant SEC experience with companies with global operations.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP & SEC reporting requirements & experience researching technical accounting topics
- Certified Public Accountant is a must
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- SaaS or Technology industry experience
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, & manage relationships with external parties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, & adhere to tight deadlines
- General understanding of NetSuite, Workday or other comparable ERP systems is preferred
- Experience with Workiva is preferred
- Experience filing Form S-1 is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.