Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Customer Service Representative/Care Guide to join our Member Care & Service team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Customer Service Representative/Care Guide you will be the face of Oscar to our members. Youll help members navigate the complexity of the healthcare system, answering questions & resolving issues in collaboration with teams across the company.
You will report into the Concierge Operations Team Lead.
- Collaborate with your team of Care Guides, a Concierge Nurse & a dedicated bridge team
- Communicate with geo-specific members via inbound/outbound phone or secure messaging
- Assist in the coordination of care across a variety of settings (outpatient, ER, home care) while maintaining strict confidentiality & the highest level of professionalism
- Answer questions & resolve issues related to topics such as claims & billing
- Listen to members comments, concerns, & suggestions, relaying that information internally, while ensuring member satisfaction
- 3 years of Customer Service Experience or Bachelors Degree
- Prior healthcare or service experience
- Ability to read, write & speak in both Spanish & English fluently
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.