The VP of Gaming & Esports is responsible for defining the vision & strategy for our gaming business & partnerships. This person is an effective communicator with a clear focus on performing for our current clients & building out a vision for the future Fandom go to market opportunity. Our ideal candidate is business savvy & has a strong understanding of sponsorship & media sales as it applies to brand & performance marketing. This person will provide marketplace insights to the leadership team, facilitating decision-making, & executing on opportunities to create a unified & tangible impact to the business & to the longer-term strategic goals of the Company. The qualified candidate will also be responsible for sourcing & negotiating a range of agreements from small to large partnerships.
- Develop regional & global strategy for Gaming, including addressing market & sub vertical needs
- Build partnerships, provide leadership & business insight, & deliver on strategic initiatives to our resellers & the broader channel landscape
- Build C-level relationships with Gaming companies to develop full-funnel & game lifecycle marketing solutions that include awareness, consideration, intent, purchase & loyalty across Fandom & Fanatical
- Exceed sales, pricing & yield goals
- Develop scalable operational improvements to support Fandoms advertiser growth
- Work seamlessly between sales channels & business functions to continue revenue growth
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research & strategy development
- Identify new near- & long-term business opportunities & potential revenue streams. Lead all aspects of the deal from prospecting & sourcing through negotiation & close
- Use combination of existing book of business & new business development efforts to close partnerships & drive revenue for our property clients
- Play a critical role in building, training & managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative sales team, providing mentorship, guidance & career development
- Work in conjunction with executive team to provide strategic insight & growth opportunities related to gaming & ecommerce
- Use data & analytics to provide best in class insights to our clients, potential brand potentials, & sales pitches
- Clearly articulate esports business plans & objectives to executives, internal stakeholders, & business partners
- Lead sales presentations to prospective clients, both in person & via phone
- Facilitate the relationship growth & ongoing communication between properties & sponsors
- Individual must have a strong focus on sales process & how to negotiate with publishers
You Will be Evaluated on...
- Ability to meet & exceed individual & department revenue goals on behalf of property clients
- Ability to communicate to senior leadership on sales outreach activity & revenue pipeline projections
- Lead & update property team on latest gaming & esports developments along with relevant industry news
- Ability to provide strategic vision & long term growth within gaming
- Ability to act in the best interest of company objectives & collaborate with fellow team members & senior leadership
- Ability to use sound judgment & personal discretion in representing the companys values & objectives inside & outside of the office
- 15+ years of experience in Sales, Operations, Marketing or Consulting
- 7+ years of management experience
- Experience leading & motivating large teams
- Experience in strategic sales, relationship management, performance & mobile marketing
- Deep Knowledge of Gaming Industry
- Proven analytical & strategic planning background
- Experience influencing & communicating effectively cross-functionally
- Proven track record of reaching & exceeding sales revenue goals
- Communication & interpersonal skills, with an experience communicating & working effectively at all levels
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.