Director, Healthcare Analytics
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions & engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians & healthcare disruptors across the country to build & contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization & are thrilled about the work that we do every day. Were transparent, collaborative, & relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility & a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds & experiences create the best opportunity for innovation & the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Weve built our technology using the best of cloud & open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models & modernly connected to internal & external apps. These apps drive clinical & operational decision support, patient engagement, & other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences. Our analytics approach is focused on creating actionable insights that support providers to drive improvements in cost, quality & the experience of their patients.
As a Director, Healthcare Analytics, you will be central to our model & overall organizational success. Leveraging data to derive the advanced analytical insights from multiple data sources to drive business decisions, you will enable the execution of business strategies & measure business & clinical results & outcomes. While this role has direct-line accountability for a team & you will provide mentorship, guidance and development to analysts by leading highly complex projects and consulting with market leaders to develop solutions.
What are examples of work that a Director, Healthcare Analytics will do at VillageMD?
- Build relationships with senior level operations leadership to understand multifaceted business problems & develop analytical solutions to complex issues
- Partner with internal & external stakeholders in key business areas including patient attribution & risk stratification to target high risk patients for care management programs
- Be independently accountable for generating analytical insights in certain healthcare specialties and/or for applying the insights in local VillageMDmarkets
- Own the process of monitoring performance in value based contracts across multiple payers
- Function as a senior level coach & mentor to analysts; ensure quality results
- Mine patient and healthcare provider data from multiple sources, including medical claims data, pharmacy claims data & clinical data from electronic medical records, to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Build and continuously monitor reports & dashboards to track key healthcare quality and efficiency metrics by physician
- Provide direction in the development of proprietary analytical tools, such as predictive models
- Develop business & technical requirements for database & system development
What will make you successful here?
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-starter; strong sense of urgency; can work autonomously with limited direction
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical & critical reasoning skills
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication: distills complex, technical topics articulately to a nontechnical audience
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product & results
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Graduate degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in an analytical, reporting or data management role in the healthcare industry
- Examples of end accountability for results; has owned a large scale analytics initiative with ownership of success or failure
- Skilled in effectively interfacing with senior level business & clinical leadership
- Strong experience with large & complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge & experience in SQL
- Proven achievement in putting data into practice & successfully engaging business partners to drive change
- Record of leading successful complex analytics projects along the spectrum of support
- Experienced in mentoring analyst to provide guidance & insight into understanding data & complex business problems
- Ability to autonomously manage initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
- Proficiency in one or more computer programming language; experience with a statistical programming software such as SAS or R preferred
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.