Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Senior Software Engineer in the Flex Business Unit. The person in this role will develop the next generation conversation platform for Flex to enable customers with multi-channel engagement experiences. Additionally, youll have the opportunity to influence & implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the worlds most trusted communication platform.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record in Software eEvelopment. They also have:
- 4- 6 years of software development experience with cloud application development
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related industry experience
- Knowledge of building distributed systems at scale & microservices architecture
- Extensive experience with REST API design & implementation
- Experience administering databases & integrating with data pipelines
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud providers. Multi-region deployment a plus
- Positive attitude & aptitude to learn & execute quickly in a small team
- Experience implementing modern automated testing approaches
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
As a Software Engineer (L3), you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with other team members, including our Product team, to help influence, own, & improve our product offering
- BE AN OWNER: Build, deploy & manage systems in the AWS cloud
- Work with container technology - Docker/Kubernetes
- DRAW THE OWL: Rapidly acquire new technical skills & knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment
- WRITE IT DOWN: Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, & our build/deploy systems
- BE BOLD: Participate in Agile ceremonies for software development & contribute to the testing of our code & the delivery of what we create to production
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute & payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our San Francisco, Denver offices or remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.