BetterCloud is the first SaaS Management platform, empowering IT to define, remediate, & enforce management & security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, & fully automating policy enforcement. Which is why CB Insights & the New York Times named BetterCloud as one of 50 Future Unicorns in 2019. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in Atlanta & San Francisco.
Communications plays a critical role in connecting our people with BetterClouds mission, strategy, & brand. As the Director of Communications, you will be responsible for championing our employee centric communications & fostering an open & transparent BetterCloud culture. You will be responsible for creating & executing the internal communications & recognition strategy across our entire organization. You will craft & deliver creative, relevant messaging to build a more united, collaborative, & engaged workforce. This position reports to the Chief People Officer & will work closely with our CEO & senior leadership team, to develop & drive initiatives that make our team feel informed, engaged, & fulfilled by their work.
- Build the BetterCloud brand as an employer of choice for top talent & support the continued growth of the company as it expands to new markets
- Standardize & increase efficiency of our current communication practices by providing more structure & identifying the best vehicles for each audience.
- Develop the internal communications strategy to clearly & frequently communicate key business initiatives to inform, align & energize our teams regardless of location. This includes, but is not limited to, internal publications such as newsletters, emails, as well as online, intranet, & video projects.
- Evaluate the efficacy of existing communications content & channels, & build the right communications frameworks & tools as a foundation for the function
- Partner with senior leaders & the People & Culture team to develop & drive employee engagement & culture initiatives
- Draft internal messages, announcements, presentations & content on behalf of the business, business leaders & other internal clients, while ensuring internal communication messages are consistent across all mediums
- Oversee the content & production of monthly all hands meetings & company sprint emails
- Partner with business leaders to prepare strategic communications plans, executive communications & documents needed for internal announcements.
- Strategize, create, & publish content for a variety of internal communications mediums
- Work collaboratively with various functions across the organization to create a communication calendar that structures the flow of communication to reflect the business needs of the company & builds culture through the sharing of stories.
- Work to develop & implement a consistent voice & tone for leadership communications
- 6-10 years of corporate communications experience
- In-house experience at a high-growth startup preferred, but not required
- Proven success in increasing staff engagement, development of institutional messaging & content, & connecting with diverse, disparate audiences
- Proven ability to understand & apply concepts & best practices used in issue identification, message formulation, communication delivery, & audience targeting, including the ability to use analytics to gauge & boost readership & engagement.
- Demonstrated success in building internal business relationships at a senior level with a proven record of accomplishment in internal communications.
- Excellent writing & editing skills
- Polished presence & demeanor
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop & execute multi-platform communications strategies
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications with a fresh perspective & manage cross functionally essential.
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.