The Specialist, Customer Service supports the Client Services team with day-to-day on & off-line tasks & duties within the Contact Center. The Specialist may assist with all types of customer-related inquiries the main focus is to assist Clients & the Client Services, team. The Specialist helps the Management team with day-to-day duties & supports the buyer-side client experience. This position requires the Specialist to resolve escalated customer inquiries while maintaining an exemplary level of service to reflect a gratifying & luxury client experience in a timely manner that eloquently speaks to our client (internal & external) via all contact channels, (Voice, Email, Live Chat, & Social Media).
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Accountable, adaptable & reliable - managing time, projects & daily responsibilities while assisting internal & external clients
- An enthusiastic advocate for the team & brand cultivating relationships that build brand loyalty by promptly responding to client needs Proven ability to interact with cross-functional teams to resolve laborious client issues
- Understands that forward-thinking & clear communication is important to client satisfaction demonstrating ambiguity & an autonomous approach to daily responsibilities
- Well-spoken & articulate through all forms of communications, written & verbal, concise while responding to inquiries & thorough when reporting to Management team
- Defuse escalations & assist with conflict & resolution
- Prompt & timely in responding to internal & external clients
- Troubleshoot & report technical issues to Management team
- Knowledge of contact center operations, technologies, systems & processes at an intermediate level
- Anticipate clients needs, surprise, & delight by going above & beyond client expectations
- Troubleshoot & help to identify root causes upstream while resolving dilemmas
What You Bring To The Role
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role within a Contact Center, luxury environment preferred
- A proven track record of providing exceptional client service & teamwork
- Demonstrated experience in handling escalated matters
- Strong computer skills & comfort in navigating multiple systems; proficient in Microsoft Office & GSuite
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Accountable, adaptable & reliable - manage time & can multi-task
- A strong passion for the brand; strong interest in learning about our business
- Analytical service-minded approach to problem-solving skills required
- Ability to be flexible & adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Proven ability to work & communicate with all levels of the organization including cross-functional teams
- Maintain schedule flexibility, including evening, weekend & holiday hours as dictated by business need
- Team oriented, ability to work with a diverse client base
- Strong client focus & relationship building
- High level of professionalism & integrity
- Additional duties as required
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.