The Appian Support Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, our Support Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers & partners.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Solution Engineer with demonstrated technical expertise on the Appian platform & superior problem solving skills. The Cloud Support Engineer will have a passion in improving customer experience & internal systems, tools & processes used by the Support Engineering team.
Each day will be unique & filled with exciting challenges, but on a typical day you will:
- Learn & use the latest technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions to our customers
- Collaborate with various teams & subject matter experts to help reproduce & resolve customer issues
- Drive customer communication during critical incidents
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple technologies like VPNs, databases, authentication, etc
- Leverage your contact with customers to capture feedback with how Appian can improve
- Write tutorials & other technical articles for both Appian Customers & Appian Employees
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes & our customers technical support experience
- Develop 24/7 systems that are leveraged globally to monitor, prevent, & respond to our customers cloud issues
Why Appian Support?
- We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals
- We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role
- We are growing, & with growth comes opportunity
- Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- 2+ years in a technology focused role
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience with networking fundamentals like VPNs, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- Willing & able to provide after hours support (rotation every 12 or so weeks)
- 2+ years in a customer facing technology role
- Certifications: AWS Associate Solution Architect, CCENT or CCNA
- Advanced analysis of packet capture (Wireshark, tcpdumps etc)
- Knowledge of Containerization solutions (Kubernetes & Docker)
- Familiarity with Database concepts (tables, views, ERDs, etc)
- Experience with Appian development
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.