The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in Brisbane, CA & will report to the Manager of Fine Jewelry & Watches.Employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, a lunch stipend, free bagels once a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, & monthly free events with snacks & other giveaways!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all aspects of the authentication process by accurately identifying colored stones & diamonds using GIA evaluation techniques as well as testing procedures used to determine the precious metal purity
- Set list prices for branded & unbranded jewelry with direction & final approval from Team Lead & FJ/W Experts
- Research fair market value & market demand of branded jewelry & watches
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure all consignments are prioritized & product flows according to plan
- Evaluate, authenticate & price a minimum of 50 pieces per day
- Manage process flow of items awaiting price approval
- Communicate directly with the FJW photographer as well as Editing Lead, keeping them informed on any complications, confusion points, requests, etc.
- GIA certification preferred
- Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports & correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms & talk or hear
- Ability to stand; walk & sit
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs
- Vision abilities required include close vision & color vision
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.