Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as the Director of New Partnerships for UK & Ireland, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's is all about?
The Director of New Partnerships for UK&I is responsible for identifying, building & implementing partnership opportunities for key Fintech enablers across the UK & Ireland payments ecosystem. The role requires an individual experienced in strategic, solutions-oriented selling, who can build new relationships, identify potential deals, & manage cross-functional teams needed to bring solutions to fruition for clients. This person will work closely with Visa's Product as well as other stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements & build relationships with non-traditional, strategic partners where Visa does not have an existing relationship to embed Visa's products across the ecosystem.
What we expect of you day to day.
Build new relationships with fintech enabler clients:
- Be the UK&I lead for identifying & engaging with prospective, non-traditional partners in the payments ecosystem to explore joint commercial opportunities between Visa & partner organisation
- Developing new relationships with emerging partners that either act as on-ramps & distribution vehicles for Visa solutions or are not currently covered
Partner to grow client & Visa with the goal of eventually transitioning to account management team:
- Proactively develop incremental business streams & grow share of existing business with the partners. It includes the identification of business models, innovation opportunities, strategic alignment & go to market plans
- Solve unique problems that have a broad impact on the business, working with internal teams to help them create new services & solutions suitable for partners
- Demonstrate good knowledge of all Visa products & services, with expert knowledge in certain areas. Expected to understand the impact of Visa's products & services on partners business
- Contribute to the development of the overarching strategy for the partners & Visa
- Transition maturing partnerships to appropriate account management & client relationship structures within Visa
- Work closely with the partner regularly liaising with multiple key stakeholders & ensuring an ongoing quality relationship is maintained
- Ensure fast delivery of projects & new launches jointly with partners, pilot new Visa products & services with partners
- Be accountable for prioritising conflicting & competing demands across the business to ensure Visa resources are deployed to maximum effect
- Lead contract, partner, & investment negotiations where required
- Collaborate & work closely with the UK&I leadership team; support leadership team meetings & activities as required
- Represent Visa at industry events as a speaker & thought leader within the industry, exploring partnership opportunities
- Ensure client feedback is incorporated into Visa UK&I strategy
What we're after...
- Proven track record in Sales & Partnership building with new & emerging tech companies & enablers
- Extensive knowledge, experience of, & interest in, the fast evolving payments industry, & Visa services & solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with & influence key stakeholders up to Executive level
- Good Commercial understanding of the payments market with the ability to deliver growth by identify & implementing new solutions & partnership constructs between Visa & emerging partners.
- Proven influencing, selling & negotiation skills
- Ability to identify, prioritise, engage, & evaluate prospective partnerships at pace
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work fluidly across cross functional teams to connect & leverage key stakeholders & capabilities for partner engagement as needed
- Ability & willingness to travel across UK & Ireland as required to engage with partners & Visa colleagues
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.